Pledge to use your platform on #SpeakUpThursday
Love Music Hate Racism are initiating a national ‘Speak Up’ Thursday 11th June. We would like artists, fans and the music industry as a whole to help us by making a pledge to speak up against racism.
Love Music Hate Racism hopes to encourage a continued conversation around the issues of racism and the role that music can play in positively tackling it.
Below are some suggestions on how you can pledge to support the initiative on the day;
- Screenshot a pledge from the LMHR ‘pledge generator’ and share it on your Instagram/Facebook story use #SpeakUpThursday – stories graphics here
- Post a ‘support love music hate racism’ graphic to your to your socials use #SpeakUpThursday / tag @lovemusichateracism (insta) / LMHRNational (FB or Twitter) – wall post graphics here
- Posting a short video to your socials on Thursday – pledging to speak up against racism whenever you see it – using hashtag #SpeakUpThursday
- Host a conversation on your own Instagram/Facebook channel that includes any or all of the following topics (experiences of racism, how the music industry can best challenge it, or what role artists can play in publicising injustices etc).
- Tag @lovemusichateracism (Insta) /@LMHRNational Facebook and Twitter